We have no open opportunities at this time.
The AHA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our team. We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply for our open positions. We encourage you to explore our website for more information about humanism, the idea that you can be good without a belief in a god.
The American Humanist Association has internships available year-round for students, recent grads, and volunteers in Washington, DC. Interns will develop a more comprehensive understanding of how a progressive, national nonprofit organization works, while gaining valuable skills for the future.
An internship at the AHA will provide an opportunity to support the organization’s current work: advancing humanist values and progressive issue advocacy, focusing on church-state separation, civil liberties, reproductive freedom, human rights, and equality.
Internships are currently available in following areas:
Videography and Design Internship
The American Humanist Association is hiring a part-time videography and design intern for the upcoming Spring 2019 semester. This position is a great opportunity to assist the organization’s current work advancing humanist values and increasing public awareness of humanism.
The videography and design intern will:
- Assist in drafting, editing, and creating projects using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Help build creative video products for use across a variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist on post-production tasks such as reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing.
- Make insightful, creative, and actionable recommendations on how to improve content and campaigns.
- Match produced video content to existing American Humanist Association brand standards.
Applicants must be organized, self-motivated, reliable, and demonstrate an understanding of humanism and interest in progressive issues. Interns are expected to work at the American Humanist Association national office, located at 1821 Jefferson Place NW, Washington, DC, and travel and shoot at a variety of locations within the DC metro area for a combined 10-15 hours weekly starting January 7.
Please send the following materials to Sarah Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, detailing your experience relevant to the position and your interest and background in secular humanism.
- Current resume, including knowledge and/or access to specific equipment.
- Video sample.
- Weekly availability.
The American Humanist Association’s Appignani Humanist Legal Center accepts interns year-round. To be considered for the Fall of 2019, please apply by July 31, 2019. The AHA’s legal arm, the Appignani Humanist Legal Center, handles constitutional litigation and church-state separation cases, with clients ranging from parents and students to federal inmates.
The legal intern is primarily responsible for researching and writing legal memoranda and assisting in litigation under the supervision of the legal center’s attorneys. The intern may also be assigned the task of investigating new complaints, maintaining case files and submitting public records requests. Learn more here!