Member Services Assistant
The American Humanist Association, a national non-profit organization advocating progressive values and equality for humanists, atheists, and freethinkers, seeks an individual to assist with member communications, record-keeping, and general administrative duties. Starting salary for this position will be 33K.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming phone calls, general emails, and greets visitors to the building
- Performs database entries of incoming membership fees, contributions, and orders
- Orders and maintains office and building supplies
- Assists executive director with outreach and support to awardees
- Maintains copy room, reception, and conference areas in an organized manner
- Prepares IT for staff meetings and assists preparing for other events
- Receives all parcel deliveries and distributes as able and needed
- Provides occasional upkeep to building grounds
- Assists with projects and mailings as needed
- Solid reliability and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Experience with database data-entry
- Ability to lift packages up to 45 pounds
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Capability to multi-task and initiative to take-on projects
- Familiarity and understanding of humanism and the freethought movement
Send resume AND cover letter to: email@example.com
The AHA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our team. We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply for our open positions. We encourage you to explore our website for more information about our work. The American Humanist Association advocates progressive values and equality for humanists. Our motto is: Good Without A God.
The American Humanist Association has internships available year-round for students, recent grads, and volunteers in Washington, DC. Interns will develop a more comprehensive understanding of how a progressive, national nonprofit organization works, while gaining valuable skills for the future.
An internship at the AHA will provide an opportunity to support the organization’s current work: advancing humanist values and progressive issue advocacy, focusing on church-state separation, civil liberties, reproductive freedom, human rights, and equality. Depending on your school’s rules, compensation of $14 per hour is available if not restricted.
Internships are currently available in following areas:
The American Humanist Association’s Appignani Humanist Legal Center accepts interns year-round. To be considered for the Summer of 2020, please apply by April 30, 2020. The AHA’s legal arm, the Appignani Humanist Legal Center, handles constitutional litigation and church-state separation cases, with clients ranging from parents and students to federal inmates.
The legal intern is primarily responsible for researching and writing legal memoranda and assisting in litigation under the supervision of the legal center’s attorneys. The intern may also be assigned the task of investigating new complaints, maintaining case files and submitting public records requests. Learn more here!