We are awarding multiple grants, ranging from $50 to $500, to help fund community responses to coronavirus. If you see a COVID-19 related need and can help rectify it with adequate funding, apply today.
We understand that a community crisis is best understood and responded to by people within the community, and that underprivileged communities are often disproportionately harmed by community crises. Therefore, we hope to center those communities in our response, and especially encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ communities, members of lower income communities, and women to apply.
At this time, we can only fund applicants residing in the United States and U.S. Territories. Applications must be complete to be considered. By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the grant rules.
These grants are open to local humanist community members and local humanist groups, not organizations. Please refrain from applying for these grants on behalf of an organization. If you have questions about this requirement please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Grants are offered to individuals and organizations to either advance social progress or provide community relief to the social and economic effects of COVID-19.
2. Grants range from $50 to $500 in value (with some flexibility at the sole discretion of the AHA). If your project is a good fit but requires additional funding, please email email@example.com.
3. Grants can be used for (but are not limited to) direct monetary support for impacted individuals, PPE purchases, activist responses, or other related causes. Funding cannot be used as a donation or contribution to other organizations or non-profits.
4. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis until funding is exhausted.
5. All grantees will complete a post-project survey to assess the efficacy of our grant program overall.
6. Grantees are encouraged but not required to share their project with us through photos or videos by tagging us on Facebook @americanhumanist or on Twitter @americnhumanist. Please make sure you aren’t photographing people in vulnerable situations or without their consent.
7. Grantees retain rights to any created work.
8. If you are unable to complete your proposed project or use the grant for its intended purpose please reach out to us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Misuse of funds can result in ineligibility for future American Humanist Association grants or scholarships, therefore reach out to us as soon as you encounter any issues or roadblocks.
10. If you have any questions about the application or the grant, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Please complete the application below.
Applications for 2021 have now closed. Please check back later for our new programs for 2022.