Throughout the year, the American Humanist Association supports incarcerated people who identify as humanist, atheist, agnostic, and non-religious by providing them with AHA membership opportunities, literature, humanist pen pals, and assistance in forming humanist groups.
Help us also spread season’s greetings to them by sending secular holiday letters. You can help in 5 easy steps:
- Volunteer to send letters by emailing HumanismForAll@americanhumanist.org by December 18 to be matched with one or more of our incarcerated humanist members.
- Print one of our secular holiday letters at the bottom of this page (or use a white sheet of paper) and add a nice greeting from you, a fellow humanist. Due to facility rules, cards and colored paper are often not accepted, so please only send letters with no attachments or glitter.
- Mail to recipient facility with AHA office as return address: (Your Name) 1821 Jefferson Place, Washington, DC 20036.
- Email HumanismForAll@americanhumanist.org when letter is mailed. If you aren’t able to send a letter, please let us know.
- Let us know if you want to join our humanist pen pal program.
In the DC area and want to prepare letters with AHA? Great! RSVP on Meetup to join us on Tuesday, December 10, 5:30-7:30pm.
Thank you and happy holidays!
Click to download PDF versions of these seasonal letterheads.