The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for social media and mass-email communications.
The following list of duties is not exhaustive. AHA may also outline additional responsibilities that are not included in this job description.
- Use leading social media platforms to promote the American Humanist Association (AHA) and its mission, consistently expanding the AHA’s base of followers while taking advantage of opportunities to engage—always keeping messaging consistent with AHA policies and image:
- On Facebook, create, draft and schedule regular posts, make stories, develop and manage ads, develop and manage campaigns, promote events, work with graphic design manager to create and share memes for relevant national awareness days, manage engagement (comments, visitor posts, messenger, tagged posts, AHA hashtags), update cover and profile images, initiate AHA social media-specific fundraising efforts
- On Twitter, create and schedule regular posts, develop ads, develop and manage campaigns, monitor useful trending hashtags and concepts, manage engagement (comments, direct messages, tagged posts, AHA hashtags), interact with other accounts, update cover image, live-tweet events, post rapid responses to relevant breaking news
- Manage current AHA platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and develop others depending on technology and trends
- Coordinate with all AHA departments regarding social media needs
- Occasionally assist with moderating AHA Education Center virtual events
- Manage smaller social media platforms for the AHA adjuncts like the AHA’s social justice alliances, including finding, drafting and developing content
- Utilize volunteers to bolster outreach and find ways to leverage friendly influencers
- Track, analyze, and report social media engagement data and use data to inform social media content and communications strategy
- Craft e-appeals, e-acquisitions, policy action alerts, and event emails for email distribution in conjunction with program and development staff
- Identify list sources for potential new members and supporters
- Manage and track newly acquired email lists
- Work with development department to create email list segmentation for personalized communications
- Track, analyze, and report on e-appeal, e-acquisition, and policy action alert engagement data and use data to work with program and development staff to craft subsequent messages and appeals
- Support other activities and events of the AHA as needed, such as writing for TheHumanist.com, copy editing AHA materials, and assisting at fundraising events or other special events
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field of equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with social media marketing or content development at least including Facebook, Twitter and e-appeals
- Direct experience and expertise with social media platforms, social media management tools and email campaign systems
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter when needed
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Strong verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skill
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to creating and sustaining a positive, respectful and inclusive work environment
- Understanding of humanism, literacy on social justice issues, and commitment to the mission of AHA
This position predominantly operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this job consistent with federal, state, and local standards, including meeting productivity standards.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position.
American Humanist Association provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, genetic information, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, citizenship status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $45,000. The AHA offers good benefits, including full health insurance, a generous leave program, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan that includes a partial match.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We encourage you to explore our website for more information about our work. The American Humanist Association advocates progressive values and equality for humanists. Our motto is: Good Without a God.