The Center for Freethought Equality, the political and advocacy arm of the American Humanist Association, and its affiliated political action committee, the Freethought Equality Fund, is seeking a full or part-time intern to assist with legislative activities and 2022 campaign endorsements. Interns will develop a better understanding of how a progressive, nonprofit organization operates, while gaining exposure to legislative and electoral politics on a national level.
Interns will be paid $15.20 per hour with a commitment to work between 20 to 37.5 hours per week and be available for 10 to 15 weeks.
Our work seeks to provide humanist, atheist and agnostic Americans the opportunity to make their voice heard in the political process by lobbying Congress and by supporting nontheist candidates, and allies, who advocate for secular government, scientific integrity, reproductive freedom, LGBTQ+ rights, and civil rights for all Americans.
- Track federal legislation
- Prepare advocacy materials
- Track federal, state, and local electoral races across the country
- Maintain our databases and update files
- Manage social media accounts and website content
- Interest in and basic understanding of progressive social policy.
- Candidates must be a current college student or a recent graduate with interest, experience, and/or major in Political Science, Communications, Government, or Public Policy; or have some experience in a campaign or political environment.
- Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to project timelines.
- Candidates must also have strong verbal communication, writing, and computer skills.
Please submit a current resume and cover letter, along with availability, by email to email@example.com, or mail to: Ron Millar, Freethought Equality Fund, 1821 Jefferson Place, NW, Washington DC 20036. Please specify your interest in our mission in your cover letter.